Monday, June 25, 2007

I will follow you into the dark...

Is it darkness that we fear? Or simply the unknown? Waiting for the dawn as we watch the shadows creep slowly back to their corners, retreating in the face of the awesome power of one star.
What else waits for the slow disappearance of the sun? Slinking slowly toward you as you walk, faster and faster, toward the streetlights. An artificial replacement for our natural defense against what we can not see. Darkness alone is not frightening, it is what the darkness conceals that truely terrifies us.
Hmmm. I guess my paranoia is starting to show. Working on it, I swear.


When I wrote this, and my previous blog, I believe I was afraid of the darkness (metaphorically speaking). So, rather than deal with my fear, it became anger, because anger is, by far, the easiest emotion to deal with much of the time. However, I became increasingly frustrated with myself (as I knew I would when I wrote my other blog), and grew tired of being so angry. So, I went to the source of my fear, and I made myself listen to what I did not want to hear. What it comes down to is, he is not afraid, and if he can be this brave, if he can face this darkness, then I must face it also, because I would rather face it with him than face it alone when he is gone.

No comments: