Monday, May 21, 2007

Trying My Best

There is a part of me that is sad, broken, bitter, and angry. I used to let that person be in charge. I used to be that person all the time. It took me a long time to let go of the things that turned me into that person. I still hold on to some of them, like I said, there is a part of me that still feels those feelings.
I don't know when I began to change, but I am working on becoming a better person. I searched for, and found, things that make me truely happy. I learned to listen when people tell me that I am somehow worth while to them (I used to think that I wasn't worth much to anyone). I decided that my future will be what I dream it will be. Somewhere there is a man who will love me in spite of my not-so-great appearance and my extreme dorkiness. Someday I will have perfect children. Soon, I will find a house that is just right for me, and a job that I enjoy and that pays me what I think I'm worth. I look for the bright side because that's where I hope to find myself.
Lately, the feelings I mentioned earlier have been starting to creep back up on me. There are things happening around me that I knew were coming, but I didn't want to think about. Now they are staring me in the face and, and instead of the sadness that should have been the normal reaction from me, all I feel is anger. Always anger. I don't want to let this turn me back into the person that I've worked so hard to leave behind.
So, I try to remember that I can't change the unchangable. I will try to deal with things as they happen, and try to let go of the anger. I know that it won't be easy, but I'm not that person anymore, and all I can do is try.

No comments: